Smt. Tulasi hails from a music family. She started learning music from a tender age of 7 years. She had her initial training under Smt. Krishna Kumari garu and Sri Saagi Venkateswara Rao garu. Later, she came under the tutelage of the renowned Guru Shri Annavarappu Ramaswamy garu, who belongs to the Guru - Shishya parampara of Saint Thyagaraja. Soon, she emerged as a much sought after Vocal Artist with good manodharmam and repertoire.
- Tulasi started giving concerts from the age of 11 years and has been performing for the last 32 years.
- She was awarded a Government of India Fellowship.
- She is an "A-Grade" Artist of All India Radio for the last 14 years.
- Performed in the National Programmes of Music on All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- Performed many times in the Co-ordination and South-Zone Hook-up concerts on Doordarshan and All India Radio.
- Performed in many "Ragam-Tanam-Pallavi" and Eka-Raga Sabha concerts, Special Musical features and archival recordings in All India Radio.
- She is an empanelled Artist of the ICCR.
- She holds a Master's Degree in Music as well as in Commerce.
- She performed all over India in many prestigious Sabhas such as the Madras Music Academy, Indian Fine Arts Society, Nehru Centre Mumbai, Shanmukhananda Sangeetha Sabha Mumbai, India International Centre Delhi, India Habitat Centre Delhi, Thiruvaiyyaru Sadguru Thyagaraja Araadhana Festival, Naada-Nirajanam Tirumala, T.T.D. Brahmotsavam Music Festival, Pracheen Kala Kendra, Visakha Music Academy to name a few.
- She passed Diploma in Music with Distinction.
- She gave a number of Lecture-Performances on Carnatic music in various Colleges, Schools etc. and has contributed greatly to popularizing Carnatic Music among common public.
- She is training a number of students in Carnatic Music and many of her students are performing concerts.
She has received accolades for her performances from connoisseurs as well as critics. An exquisite Voice culture, Bhava and Bani are rich in her music. Her Raga Aalapana, Swara Prasthanam and Neravala are replete with monodharmam of high order. She has very good Patantharam of different composers apart from the Trinity. She is also competent in Ragam-Tanam-Pallavi rendition. Her rich and mellifluous voice ranges across three octaves. Her diction is clear. Bhakti aspect and Sruti suddham are prominent in her music.
AWARDS AND TITLES
1. Awarded "SANGEETHA SEVA MANI" title by the KANCHI KAMAKOTI PEETHAM, Kacheepuram.
2. Awarded GOVT. OF INDIA FELLOWSHIP.
3. Awarded "GAANA SARASWATHI" title by the Srirama Gana Sabha, Hyderabad.
4. Awarded "GAANA VISHARADE" by the Rama Seva Mandali, Kolar.
5. Received "OUTSTANDING MUSICIAN AWARD" from the Rotary Chapter Rajahmundry.
6. Received "NAALAM SUSEELAMMA MEMORIAL AWARD" from the Naalam Trust.
- Date of Birth : 10-08-1968
- Father's name : Sri P.L.N. Sastry
- Mother's name : Smt. P. Savithri
- Spouse name : Sri Vishwanath
- Qualifications : "A-Grade" in Vocal Music, M.A. Music (Distinction), Diploma in Music (Distinction) and M.Com